Thursday, December 17, 2015

Obey







This morning in my devotional (which I must confess, I have not done it everyday) I learned about the importance of obedience. God mentions it tons of times in the Bible, so it must be something we need to do. 

Matthew 5:41 
"If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles." 
I loved this verse when I read it.  What I got from it: I should be obedient without grumbling or complaining and that I should go the extra mile; be considerate of others and actually try to obey with joyfulness. I struggle with not obeying the first time. But, God tells me that I must honor my authorities and obey them. 

Let obedience become a delight.   #lds #quotes #mormon:


This doesn't mean that if we disobey sometimes, and grumble when have to obey, that we don't love the LORD. But we are sinful people, so of course we will disobey. But God will forgive us and we must be sincere in our confession of disobedience. 
            

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Emma, and I must say, you have worked and obeyed cheerfully today. Your devotions paid off!

    ReplyDelete