Monday, December 14, 2015

Give Me Jesus

Live For God

Romans 12:2:



(Romans 12:2)

We must stand strong in Jesus Christ so that we will not be shaken by this world and the sin that is in it. Lately my life has been going well. "That's good," you may think. It is good except for one thing: When my life is going pretty smooth, I tend to think that I don't need God anymore and that I can take care of myself, do whatever I want, and just live to please myself. But NO! That's where I go wrong! I ALWAYS need God, I can NOT do whatever I want because I am a sinful person, I most definitely can NOT take care of myself (I'm just a teen), and living to please myself is the worst! I must live to please God! That is why He created me, and when I get in this state of mind/being, I can tell you it is NOT pleasing God in anyway, shape or form. Once again we must NOT be conformed to the pattern of this world. The world says, "Live for yourselves! Make yourself happy! It's all about you!". That is just wrong. Life is NOT about us; it is about God and only God. Living to please God, living to glorify God, living to honor God, living to make disciples of men for God, and so much more about God! 

We must present our bodies as living sacrifices (for God) because that is why we were created.  

1 John 2:15-17
"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the father is not in them. For everything in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever." 

2 comments:

  1. Good word, Love. It is easy to think we've got things in control when all is well. That is why He gives us trials, to show us how much we need Him. I want to rely on Him in the good times as well as the bad. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with your mom in this. And I too, sometimes find myself leaning much harder and trusting much more in the bad times. Funny, isn't it, that we do just the opposite of what one might think. It's a good reminder, and I appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete