Wednesday, January 6, 2016

When Life Knocks You Down, Kneel



1 Peter 5:8-11
"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy-the devil-prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To Him be the power forever and ever."

It is good to know that everyone struggles too, and that we aren't the only ones. I feel like that a lot.
Me most of the time: Oh no! I am the only one in the world that has had this happen to them. 
My reaction when I read this verse: Ha! I knew I wasn't the only one.
 Shock and Awe:

So we are NOT alone in our struggles and cloudy days. Everyone has them, but it is how we handle them that matters. I tend to handle them with: stress, anger, irritation, and other negativity. Which I should NOT do. So here are some verses that will help us in our struggles/bad days to not be discouraged or stressed.

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do NOT give to you peace as the world gives. Do NOT let your hearts be troubled and do NOT be afraid." 


Romans 8:31
"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

Proverbs 12:25
"Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up."

Romans 8:28 
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and my burden is light." 



(P.S This would be longer, but it's my bed time)



2 comments:

  1. Glad it's not longer. It would be MY bedtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been studying Romans chapter 7 about the a part of us that wants to do good and a part of us that wants to do evil. Paul's struggle is a comfort in the sense that I have the same struggle. You have a listed some beautiful comforts that Gods gives us when we struggle. September

    ReplyDelete