Friday, January 15, 2016

Living by Faith, Not by Sight

Psalm 34:4
“I sought the LORD, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.”


Isaiah 41:13
“For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”

Why should we be afraid when God is holding our hand?
He will help us, and guide us along the path of the righteousness.


2 Corinthians 5:7
“For we live by faith, not by sight.”

Do not live by sight. Things of this world are ugly, dirty, and sinful. Why would we want to live by them? If we live by faith, we can see the light of God! 

 When we live by faith, we are letting go of the things of this world, and grasping onto the things that are eternal, holy, and beautiful. The things that will last forever. The things that won’t be burned up in fire. The things that will satisfy our hunger and thirst and yearning for something which we cannot see, but know is there. That’s why we should live by faith,not by sight.
Living by faith is living for God.

1 comment:

  1. Great word for the day. Read these blogposts over and over, Emma, when you start to fear or feel down. They are wonderful and will help you through those tough times. I love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete