Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Jesus Is Love

This morning my siblings were arguing so I decided to read them this verse. 

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keep no record of wrongs: Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 

Then I thought," This is basically describing Jesus." So then I figured if I replace the word 'Love' with 'Jesus', then maybe they would actually listen to the verse and want to obey it. since Jesus is love, I did and here it is.
"Jesus is patient, He is kind. Jesus does not envy, He does not boast, Jesus is not proud. He does not dishonor other, Jesus is not self-seeking, He is not easily angered, He keeps no record of wrongs: Jesus does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Jesus never fails!" 

After I did that, it gave the verse a whole new perspective for my siblings and me.We can read it and think,"This is Jesus. How can I be like Him today?"
Then we can read the list of what Jesus(love) is and strive to be like Him.

I thought I'd just share that little idea with you all. Hope you enjoyed it!

6 comments:

  1. Very, very good. It does make one think: "If I want to be like Jesus, then making this passage real in my life makes me more like Jesus." Thanks, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY my computer has let your blog load, HOORAY! :) It was having trouble before. XD
    This post was really good though. It's so true, and it made me look at those verses in a whole new light. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Glad it worked. And glad it gave the verse a new perspective for you also! Btw love your blog!

      Delete