Saturday, March 5, 2016

Fighting Unbelief

Hebrews 3:12-13
"See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful heart, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today," so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."

Recently, God has been testing me by allowing to devil to send me untrue, negative, lies. It scared the daylights out of me. But, even though I am still struggling, I can go to the Word and find peace through that and praying. God will speak to me through His word, and reassure me that I will over come this through Him.

I know that post of my posts are about trails. Well, that's because I have MANY of them. And the Christian life is FULL of TRIALS. If we didn't have trials, how would we persevere and grow stronger as a believer? We wouldn't know the power of God or His love for us. Let us praise Him even in deep water.
Oceans by Hillsong is a great reminder of how He gets us through trials and tribulations.

 

1 Peter 5:10
"And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

My new trial is unbelief. I asked God why it was that, and I am not sure. Maybe He is testing me to see if I remain strong in my belief in Him. If any of you have struggled with this, PLEASE COMMENT. I would love to hear all of the passages that got you through it. Pray for me also.

2 comments:

  1. ""Count it all joy, brethren, when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you lmay be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let hm ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it wil be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind." James 1:2-6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deuteronomy 13

    13 “If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God sis testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall twalk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and uhold fast to him.

    ReplyDelete