Thursday, February 25, 2016

Keep Your Heads Up

On Monday night, I went to a revival meeting at Park Hill Baptist. It was about praying for a revival for different things. It was really emotional in a good way. :) I had a good cry.

Here is something that we can all do. They did it at the meeting, and it really helped.


  • First, before you pray for ANYTHING, confess the sins that you committed that day to God and ask for forgiveness. Then forgive anyone you need to forgive. 
  • Close your eyes and draw a mental circle around you. Pray for a spiritual revival in your personal life. 
  • Draw a mental circle around your church, and pray for a spiritual revival. 
  • Do the same for the city and state that you were born in. 
  • Last, but certainly not least, do one for our nation. 
Our nation is suffering. But when I think about that, this same verse always comes into my mind and gives me hope. 

Jeremiah 29:11-14
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and i will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD,"and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD,"and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." 

The LORD promises us hope, a future, and deliverance. As bad as our world is, God's plans for it is a MILLION times better. Even though it seems like the world will NEVER get better, God promised to listen to our prayers, and be found by us, and deliver His people. 

Always remember this quote: (This is my version of it) 

“Everything will usually get worse before it gets better, but when it does get better...remember  who God is, and praise Him for it. The devil will bring you down, but God will help you up. Things will get hard, dangerous, scary, though, and bad. But life is good because God is good." 








2 comments:

  1. What a very good post, Emma. I'm so glad that you didn't say that God will not allow any trials in our lives. That passage was written to the Jews who were in captivity and would remain there for another 70 years! But God had good plans for them, as He does us who trust Him in every situation, both in what seems good to us and also what seems bad. Thank you for the good word for today.

    ReplyDelete