Saturday, November 28, 2015

Our Struggle Is Not Against Flesh and Blood




This is my first post. I hope you enjoy it!



Ephesians 6:10-17 
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. (11) Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take the stand against the devil’s schemes. (12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (13) Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, I/you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. (14) Stand firm, then with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, (15) and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. (16) In addition to this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. (17) Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood….”
What does that mean exactly? Well this passage brings me comfort in knowing that my struggles do not exist. “What does she mean by that?” You may ask. I mean that my struggles are things placed in my head by the devil. Things that are not true, things that are not right, noble, just, pure, lovely, excellent, praiseworthy. They are lies. The devil tries to steal my comfort, joy, trust, hope, love, satisfaction, patience in the LORD my Savior. Many times I am knocked unconscious by those trials and lies from the devil. My mind is blurred by the enemy’s fog. I get inpatient, depressed, have no trust, and many other things. It’s not a good state to be in. But that is why I love this part of the verse. “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.” It reminds me day after day that what I am struggling with has no comparison with the future glory that awaits me. God’s armor will help me fight against the forces of evil. Against the struggles I have daily. “Stand firm with the belt of truth buckled to your waist..” The truth will set you free from the lies of satan. I am very thankful for the truth so that I may believe it and not fall into the enemy’s trap of lies. “With the breastplate of righteousness in place..” I can stand strong against sin, because I have righteousness from God. “And with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.” I pray for peace daily, and here it is saying that as a believer, I have God’s peace that surpasses all understanding. I can have peace knowing that God is in control of my life, not the enemy. “In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.” AMEN! “Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see.” Sometimes my faith shakes and wobbles a little. Especially when the going gets tough. But no need to worry, because faith in God is the best faith anyone can have. And it won’t be shaken, try as the devil might, it won’t be shaken. Thank the LORD for that.
“Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” On my head is placed that helmet. That helmet will never fall off. It is not possible for it to, and that is something I am extremely grateful for. Without my salvation, I am nothing. And since I have that salvation, I am something. And that something is a child of the KING!  The sword, ah the sword. The living, active, and piercing sword which is the word of God. The place to find answers, comfort, the truth, and many more. It helps me to grow stronger as a child of the KING!

November 27th, 2015.


7 comments:

  1. Emma,
    I just finished a bible study on the Armor of God by Priscilla Schirer. We memorized this scripture passage from Ephesians 6. Your blog is so insightful for one so young. I look forward to reading future posts.
    Love, Twylia (Granny)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I think you did a great job! So proud you have a heart for the Lord at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful...... personal n uplifting

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I see here is God using the trials of life--difficult trials for someone your age--and building a young woman who recognizes where her strength and her potential lies. I praise God for His work in your life. And I love you dearly. Gogi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very encouraging, Emma☺️
    It is refreshing to know that a young adult is writing this and loves the Lord with all her heart.
    I pray almost daily that my daughters have a heart that is on fire for their Lord!
    Thank you for being a light. I pray your blog will encourage others to be a light as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma, I am thankful for our heavenly Father, your God-fearing family, and your struggle . The blending of all 3 will strengthen your love for and walk with Christ! I am proud of you for having the courage to honestly share; and for your desire to turn your face towards the One with all the answers and strength and peace you need.
    I love you. ~Chasity

    ReplyDelete