Monday, May 9, 2016

Serve Him Only




There are many ways Christ can and will change your life. He wants you to love Him and serve Him and accept Him as your Lord. But when you do, you must surrender EVERYTHING to Him. He deserves every bit of our attention, and our self. He created us, so we should live in a way that pleases Him. We need to “Offer our bodies as living sacrifices” because Christ sacrificed so much for us. We need to serve Him because He is our Master. We should love Him with our whole heart because He loves us with His whole heart. Being a Christian is not easy at all. But it is SO worth it, because we know that when we die, we will live with our wonderful Master. But that is not the only reason why it is worth it. I have seen many people who claim ‘I don’t need God’ and ‘I can take care of myself’ then their life falls apart. It’s proof that we will never have a good life without God in it. He cares for all our needs and gives us all the love in the world.  It’s worth it because serving ourselves is a huge waste of time. Why would we want to serve our unsatisfied, complaining, selves when we can serve a loving, caring, and powerful, Lord Jesus. “We cannot serve two masters” as my pastor said Sunday. Do you want to serve God, or yourself?

How God changes our lives.

Personal reasons: I am able to find hope in dark times, comfort in scary situations, and  true joy.

Biblical reasons: When you become a Christian, you will have eternal life when you die. We have the power through the Holy Spirit to overcome hard times and to fight temptations.

The changes that take place after accepting Christ as  Lord and Savior.

  1. We have a hope even in dark times because we know that Christ will get us through them.
  2. We have the Holy Spirit to guide us and enable us to decipher right from wrong.
  3. We are no longer afraid of death because we know our eternity rests in God’s loving hands.
  4. We can pray to Him and ask Him and confess to Him all things.
  5. Lifestyles and other activities that “Used to be okay” with us are now disturbing and we feel the need to pray for the people who do those things.
  6. We have a heart that cares for the lost ones because of the love Christ gave us.
  7. We feel the peace of God in good and bad times.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post! I really like how you bring up that we must surrender everything to God, even thoughts thing that we like the most. Well done

    (oh and I don't know if it's just me but I can't see the comments on Oblivious to the Obvious, just so you know that I'm not ignoring anything you may have said :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! When ever you comment on one of my post, it encourages me to start up again. So I think I will.


      Oh I just said I didn't know what happened to Target. So what happened?

      Delete
    2. Well I'm glad I could encourage you!

      Okay so you know how like all Christians (and anyone else who didn't agree with Target's new restroom rules) stopped shopping there. Well apparently Target has lost a lot of money due to that and are now putting in gender neutral restrooms. Now they haven't publicly said they are doing this because of the Christians boycotting, or that there changing the rule. But i think that they just don't want to publicly say that they are trying to get the Christians back, because Christians did suggest that they should put in gender neutral restrooms instead of letting dudes into the Lady's Room. What do you think?

      Delete