Monday, April 4, 2016

Strength and Patience

(I had another panic attack last night. It was really bad. Please pray that God will relieve me from them and that another one won't happen.)



________________________________________________________________________________________

Isiah 40: 31
"but those who wait in the LORD will renew  their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

What a great reminder of how being paient pays off. God will strengthen us when we wait.
pa·tient
ˈpāSHənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.
    synonyms:forbearinguncomplaining

How easy is it for us to be paitent? For me, not very. Well, here are three verses that tells us ways to be patient and wait on God's timing.


James 1:19-20
"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, (2) because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires." 

James 5:7-9
"Be paiten, then brothers and sisters, until the Lord's coming. See how the farner waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. (8) You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. (9) Don't grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The judge is standing at the door!" 

2 Peter 3:9(ESV)
"The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentace." 



strength
streNG(k)TH/
noun
  1. 1.
    the quality or state of being strong, in particular.
We can only be strong through the power of Christ. 

Here are three verses on strength. 

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."                (Him as in Christ)

1 Corinthians 16:13
"Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith, be courageous, be strong." 

Psalm 118: 14
"The LORD is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvations." 


I hope these will help,
Emma. 

(All of the verses are NIV unless I put this ex. (ESV))









2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you, Emma. I know how difficult it is. I rejoice that you turn so quickly to the Lord when these trials come on you. I love you so much. Gogi

    ReplyDelete